I just finished my brand new Arcade machine!
It plays more than 100 emulators, like Amiga, Arcade, Atari, Commodore64, DreamCast,
Nintendo and more 10.000 total games. You can play games with two persons at the same
time. It has two joysticks and twelve play buttons.
Arcade games only work after inserting 50 cents a credit. Other games are free to play.
It has two 400W speakers and a volume button. (because my girlfriend told me to install one)
At the back side there are three external USB connectors and two external network connections.
One for the Raspberry Pi 4 and one for an external harddisk. But an external harddisk is optional.
I currently use a 128Gb SD Card which at the time is sufficient for all the games. The software I use
is RetroPie which I tweaked to my satisfaction. The stickers are designed by me and I even changed
the internal theme of the RetroPie so that it matches the external design. On the background the
theme song of Leisure Suit Larry plays. (Which is quite annoying after an hour – I’m glad I listened to
my girlfriend and installed a volume button)
- Raspberry Pi 4 with 4Gb memory and 128Gb SD-card
- Manually stickerd
- More than 10.000 games
- Qualified for 2 players at the same time
- 24″ professional widescreen (1)
- Double network connection in the rear (2)
- 4 external USB 3.0 connection in the rear (3)
- Lit marquee on top, lit buttons and lit coin slot
- Double coin slot (both 50 eurocent) – Only for Arcade games
- Custom made (software) template that connects with the outside
- Door with double locks in the rear for maintenance
- 2 x 400W speakers
- External volume knob
- Comes with WiFi power socket to control Arcade machine via voice command (e.g. Google Assistant or Alexa)
(1) Difference between a professional screen and a consumer screen::
Professional screens are made of stronger components which has a longer life-time, even in places where screens suffer with heigher temperatures and where screens are turned on for a long time.
(2) With this double network connecting, one of them can be used for the Arcade machine itself while the other one can be used for a NAS or an external harddisk with UTP-connection.
(3) The external USB connections can be used for a keyboard, mouse, external harddisk or an USB stick.
Measurements: (With x Depth x Height) : 64 cm x 74 cm x 195 cm
Did I mention that I’m proud of myself yet? Now it’s play time ! #Arcade